Have you considered asking your dentist in Woodbridge about the possibility of “invisible braces”?
- Invisalign braces are generating a lot of buzz right now, and it isn’t hard to see why. Though orthodontic technology has greatly improved over the years, the reality is that many kids are still unwilling to face their peers with a traditional set of braces. Though you won’t hear any complaints from teens who have run the orthodontic gauntlet and come out the other side with perfectly straight teeth, adolescents aren’t always going to see the big picture.
- If you have been thinking about discussing the possibility of Invisalign with your dentist in Woodbridge, then you’ve come to the right place. You can consult directly with your dentist in Woodbridge by calling (905)-264-1KID, or you can read on to learn 10 things about Invisalign that will inform your final decision.
- Invisalign is more than a “retainer.” This mistake is often made since the Invisalign trays look like clear, form-fitting mouth-guards, but it is not the case. Instead, it is a complete alternative to metal braces that will gradually straighten your teeth and align your bite over time.
- Invisalign is perfect for adolescents. Invisalign can be easily worn by children and teenagers who are candidates for the treatment. In fact, there are even special lines of “Invisalign Teen” products specifically designed to accommodate the mouth and lifestyle of youths.
- Your teen can’t get away with non-compliance. It may seem like braces are a better option when investing money into your child’s smile because they cannot be removed. Invisalign trays can be popped out whenever the wearer likes, which seems like a recipe for disaster for teenagers who aren’t interested in wearing them in social situations. However, blue “compliance indicators” on some Invisalign trays ensure that your child is doing their part – these blue marks disappear the more the tray is worn.
- Invisalign is a great option in terms of hygiene. Because you can pop your trays out whenever you please, you can brush and floss as normal, and avoid the hassle many have experienced trying to clean their teeth with full metal braces.
- Invisalign is discreet. Your child or teen will feel very comfortable wearing these trays, which are basically invisible to all but the most up-close-and-personal observers.
- Invisalign is not really more expensive. You can contact your dentist in Woodbridge for exact pricing information, but on the whole Invisalign and metal braces are roughly equal in cost.
- Invisalign lets you eat freely. Gum, candy, popcorn, and all the other nightmarish food for those in metal braces is fair game for Invisalign wearers. Just pop out your trays and enjoy your favorite snack without any worries about busting off a bracket.
- Invisalign works for a surprising number of issues. Though you may think invisible braces are only good for minor tooth straightening, this is false. Invisalign can fix your crossbite, overbite, spacing issues, and much more.
- Invisalign is only offered by specialists. Your dentist in Woodbridge will need to specialize in Invisalign – this is not a general practitioner’s service. Fortunately, Woodbridge Kids Dentistry is an Invisalign authority – you can read all you need to know by clicking here.
- Invisalign appointments are a breeze. Visiting the dentist with metal braces is more of a process. Tightening brackets and changing elastics is a bit of a chore, but you can avoid it all with Invisalign. When you visit your dentist in Woodbridge, he will usually only have to check you out, hand you a new set of trays, and send you on your way.
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign for teens, then contact your dentist in Woodbridge today at (905)-264-1KID, or visit us online for information about scheduling and the procedure.